The Hogtown Brew-Off is an AHA/BJCP Sanctioned Competition, covering all BJCP styles as described in the 2021 BJCP Style Guidelines (we may collapse categories if necessary based on the actual number of entries). This competition is a qualifying event for the Florida Circuit - points accumulated at this event will be counted toward The Florida Brewer and Brew Club of the year.
Judging will be based on the 2021 BJCP Style Guideline revisions. If you are not yet familiar with the changes in this revision, please read the guidelines for your entry styles, as all required information must be provided.
Most judges will be BJCP certified and any novice judges will be paired with experienced BJCP judges. Our goal is to provide the best feedback possible for your entry.
Judges are encouraged to enter the competition, but will not be allowed to judge any category in which they have entries.
The competition is open only to amateur brewers; commercial or brew-on-premise beers will be disqualified.
PLEASE NOTE: You may enter up to 3 entries maximum. Your registration is not committed until payment is received.
No refunds will be allowed after a registered entry is paid for. This includes clubs paying for members' entries that are withdrawn for any reason.
Only one entry per style subcategory.
To minimize the need for pre-judging and allow a diversity of judges to evaluate all entries, we will cap total entries at 300.
Each entry shall consist of three (3) bottles or aluminium cans
· Beer entries must be packaged at a volume of 10-16 oz
· Mead and Cider entries may be packaged at a volume of 6-16 oz
· Grolsch-type swing-top bottles, 22 ounce bombers, 750 ml bottles, or plastic bottles are NOT permitted
· All bottles must be capped with unmarked crown caps, ideally silver or gold, with no logos, prints, or bright color.
Entries shall be free of identifying marks. Entries shall be free of all labels, including inked/painted labels (e.g Corona) or glued/taped paper labels
· Raised NO DEPOSIT, brand names, or manufacturing codes are acceptable
· All bottle caps should be single color, preferably silver or gold. Any logos or labels should be blacked out with permanent marker
Entries shall have labels attached by rubber band – no glue or tape
· For bottles, labels will preferably placed around the bottle neck
This competition will NOT accept entries using AHA paper entry forms and bottle labels; you must use the electronic entry system, which automatically updates the competition database.
All entries must be properly labeled using the bottle labels produced by the electronic entry system. If you forget to print out the labels when entering, you can print out labels with the information that you will receive via e-mail confirming your entires. Entries are $10.00 each.
If you are shipping entries, please ship to:OG Homebrew Supply
125 NW 23rd Ave Ste 4
Gainesville, FL 32609